Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jiao Shi Jie Kuai Le

Jiao Shi Jie Kuai Le is Happy Teacher's Day. We celebrated yesterday and I even got a card from one of my students. So sweet :) I've been taking Mandarin lessons on Tuesday afternoons, but the students always laugh when I practice my phrases on them :)
I had my ayi come on Tuesday and she did such a great job cleaning my place. It was amazing! She does everything: she cleaned my floors way better than I could, dusted every crack, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen top to bottom, got rid of mold, did my dishes, cleaned and hung my laundry, and emptied my garbage all for $6. I will free up so much time on my weekends to get other stuff done and it's so nice to come home to a clean place at the end of a long day.
On Tuesday, we threw a surprise birthday party for Anjali, and I somehow managed to get her out of the house and stall her while we crammed 30 people into Anita's place. We even found cake and icecream! I have been eating at Anita and Rody's so much and getting lunch at the cafeteria (it's so cheap: $1 for a huge plate of food), so I have an overflowing fridge of food that needs to get cooked. Luckily we have plenty of potlucks coming up :) Life here is good.

No comments: