Monday, September 22, 2008

So overwhelmed

It's another gorgeous day in Jinshitan. The weather turned crisp, cool and windy overnight and it finally feels like fall. The cold winds from the North are a godsend because they blow away the pollution and leave the sky clear and blue. Winds from the South or the East just bring in more grayness from the big cities. I don't mind the cooler weather, but I'm just really hoping my boxes will arrive soon since they have all my winter clothes in them. That was a huge fiasco! We were told that the school would ship two boxes for us, which is wonderful, but they didn't tell us that they wouldn't arrive for a good two months. We were told to pack our teaching supplies, bedding, shoes, and winter clothes in the boxes (but not food, electronics, or medication because that stuff causes the packages to get held up in customs). Now I've been trying to survive these past few weeks without any teaching supplies and not many pants at all. We've been told that the boxes have arrived in China, but might take a month to clear customs! The good thing is that it will feel like Christmas when we do get them.
I did not sleep nearly enough last night, so I'm not as planned as I'd like to be today. I'm kind of panicking and trying to hide it, while scrounging for time to plan and mark. There's just way too many opportunities to socialize around here! After school today we have a club fair, where Anita and I will promote our bike and community outreach clubs. I would love to go on a bike ride along the coast today, but I think that I'd better finish all my plans before I take a break.

No comments: