Sunday, April 5, 2009

First spring weekend


What an amazing weekend! After the Saturday morning shopping trip, I took some of the students in our Maple Leaf Angels club on a trip to visit some kids at an orphanage in Dalian. We've been fundraising to buy clothes and other supplies for the kids, and it was wonderful to be able to deliver some presents and play games with the kids for a couple hours. I treated myself to a bike ride and massage in the evening.

Worship at DICF this morning was awesome. Mark gave a message from Ephesians that reminded me of the depths of God's love and helped refocus my priorities. Best of all, it was the first real day of spring. Temperatures climbed almost into the twenties and I certainly didn't need my big winter jacket and long johns. After I got back from church, I changed into a summer dress and took a walk along the ocean. I'm so lucky to be living here in Jinshitan - it's simply gorgeous. There were crowds on the qing gui today because it was the first day that Discoveryland was open this year. I'm looking forward to riding those roller coasters again. I had dinner with Anjali and cooked some smoked salmon pasta in an alfredo sauce. Just in case that wasn't decadent enough, we enjoyed cinnamon buns for desert. We serenaded eachother on the guitar after dinner and I'm looking forward to improving my skills again at guitar club tomorrow.

No comments: