Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Joys of Spring

I love spring time! Every day something new is in bloom. It's no coincidence that Easter takes place in the spring - the signs of new life everywhere are a wonderful reminder of the new life we have in Christ. Last week, after a long day of invigilating exams, marking, and writing report cards, I needed a break, so I asked Anita if she wanted to join me on a bike ride. We went exploring on the dirt trails of Jinshitan. We discovered a bunch of lakes surrounded by blooming trees, mountains, birds, and ducks. It really felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I regularly take my guitar down to the beach and sing to the rhythm of the ocean waves. Apparently spring in Dalian is short-lived, so I'm taking advantage of it before the bugs, enormous spiders, and humidity returns.(Actually spring is not entirely here. Last week, during exams, it snowed. Today the wind still has a nip in it, but I'm still optimistic we'll have warm weather next week.)

No comments: